Saturday, December 18, 2010

First Star Lantern

Following this tutorial I made my first star lantern, with my watercolour painting from the day...

 These I have always admired but never really thought I could make them.  It was a simple process & the results very satisfying.  I especially love these, and these, and well, I could continue with the examples I have admired yet never imagined making.  However we can do anything if we learn how.
I will be making these for a gift exchange this coming week & as a hostess present for the friend we visit tomorrow.  What a wonderful thing to have on the repertoire.
My only note is to use strong watercolour mixes to enhance the effect.  My first was kindergarten pastel super washy style...stronger colours bring much more feeling to the lanterns.

1 comment:

  1. It looks lovely! I'm glad you managed to follow the tutorial. Good tip about strong colours too :o)

    ReplyDelete