Monday, March 8, 2010

Looking more like a farm everyday

We got 6 hens yesterday! Red and black sussex and one brown leghorn. Big beautiful girls, laying an egg a day here in their prime at 1 1/2 years old. I also put in my chick order of 25 mixed bantam/heritage breeds to arrive after easter. Half will be roosters so we'll have too many hens now, guess we'll have some in the freezer for the winter.
The girls provided!! First eggs of the morning, splattered with some rain, these were papa's breakfast. I think we'll be having eggs for breakfast everyday from now on.
A cozy fire, a cup of coffee, a happy cute baby, casting on a new knitting project, life is good.

A couple of other delights, the nursing tea I love and a fresh loaf of sourdough, the end piece all smothered in butter. And the sunshine. Simple pleasures.
Funny picture of babe, sporting his hand-me-down shaman sweater and new mama knit rainbow cap which turned out perfectly.

1 comment:

  1. Erin, your blog makes me smile every time i look at it :)

    ReplyDelete